Well, well, well.. I’m back! I’m sorry I took a hiatus from blogging (on all sites), but I had a loss in my family & that took a toll on me. But, I’m back. I definitely enjoy blogging – it’s a good distraction – and I missed editing & posting for you all! So here we go!
Here are a few things I bought at my recent trip to Walmart! If you’d like to see individual posts on any products below, please let me know & I’ll write one as soon as possible!
- Rimmel London Scandal Eyes Mascara: $7.88
- Real Techniques Sculpting Brush: $9.98
- Rimmel London Provacalips Lip Colour – 750 HeartBreaker : $ 6.47
- L’oreal True Match Crayon – Medium/Deep N6-7: $7.97
- Rimmel London Wake Me Up Concealer – Medium: $4.47
- New Maybelline FIT Me Dewy + Smooth – 330 Toffee: $5.94
- Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder – Translucent: $3.97
- Maybelline FIT Me Powder – 330 Toffee: $5.94
So up until my 22nd birthday last month, I never wore highlighter. I never felt the need to highlight my face, especially because I never wore foundation, so I didn’t feel it was necessary. However, my brother and his girlfriend gave me makeup for my birthday and one of them was a Hard Candy highlighter! Below I’ll feature the name, brand, and swatch – compared to Benefit’s Watts Up!
As you can see, both swatches are pretty similar. However, the Watts Up is lighter in color, and of course, the texture is creamy vs the Hard Candy one which isn’t. I’ve been using the Hard Candy one almost daily, being as I’m not too big of a fan of creamy products. However, that doesn’t mean Watt’s up isn’t a great product! This was a sample size I got from Sephora on my birthday last year and since you don’t need loads – it’ll last for a LONG time! The Hard Candy highlighter I’ve been using for about a month now and you can see it still has it’s shape! I’ll own this literally until I’m like 90! Gotta love finding affordable products that are long-lasting!!
I’ve been seeing this product a lot in magazines lately so of course – their marketing worked – I went out & bought it! I got mine at the Beauty section of good ol’ Walmart! In store, it retailed for about $5.20(something along those lines) & online it retails for $6.47. I had a coupon for $3.00 off this product, so I paid roughly around $2-3!
Opinion: It does in fact leave my skin feeling refreshed & tingly! I expected it to be thicker and darker when I bought it, but now that I’ve used it, I love the consistency. However, I’m not too big on the scent of this cleanser. It doesn’t smell bad, it just also doesn’t smell amazing to me either. I can easily ignore that fact of course, as long as it gets the job done and cleans my pores!
Buy Online: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Biore-Deep-Pore-Charcoal-Cleanser-6.77-fl-oz/34480570
Top 4 products I’m currently loving!
1. L’oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder Foundation: I love this foundation; Best part about it is that it truly lives up to its name! It’s a liquid foundation, but once you apply it to your face, it instantly changes! It sets pretty quickly, so make sure to blend as soon as you apply it! It’s currently a little too dark for me now, but I know when summer rolls around again, I’ll be back to loving this product! Buy it here.
2. NYC Liquid Eyeliner: HOLY GRAIL PRODUCT FOR SURE. This is the eyeliner I used when I finally mastered the cat eye! It’s absolutely amazing! What’s the best part about this product? It’s super affordable! Buy it here.
3. Equate Makeup Remover Wipes: These wipes smell amazing! They get the job done with 1 wipe, (though I’m paranoid so I normally use 2!) The purple package is the nighttime soothing wipes, with a calming scent to help you relax before bed. It doesn’t leave my face leaving greasy, which is normally my problem with makeup removers, so that’s definitely a +! Buy it here.
4. Sonia Kashuk Concealer Quad: I’ve been looking for a concealer for awhile that I love and this is DEFINITELY it! It’s super creamy, and blends well. I know most people don’t like the translucent powder that comes with it, but I personally love it! I feel the translucent powder definitely needs to be paired with the concealer to set it and leave it looking flawless! The color blends perfectly into my skin! I’m obsessed! Buy it here.
Some of the links may not lead to the EXACT product, BUT, you can still get it in those stores!