Today’s post is on washing makeup brushes. I’m not a professional nor am I a licensed makeup artist, however, this method works best for me and my brushes & my opinion/ technique is what I’m sharing with you on this post.
Pretty much all I do is: mix my soap (baby shampoo) & oil (coconut oil) in a container, dip the brush & swirl until it rinses clear. You can use this technique for any soap + oil. I’ve done it with shampoo, Dawn dish soap + olive oil. This is the first time I’ve done it with coconut oil and I prefer it, because this particular jar from Trader Joe’s does have a scent/flavor.
(Sorry for the large photos – but, the better to see with my dear, right? right? get it? no? okay.)
& As they’re drying, I pick a few up one by one & fluff them up with my fingers to make sure they’re drying nicely and not losing their shape. This is how I deep clean my brushes about every 2 weeks! Please if you know any quicker ways to clean brushes in between deep washes – LET ME KNOW! This method is too tedious to do every. single. time! hahah! Thank you!!!
Any questions, comments or concerns? Leave them down below! x
Hello my lovies, long time no see.
What would you like to see me post about next? 3 BRIGHT lip products, Current Favorites, Products ive hit pan on, OR
favorite eyeshadow palettes??
PLEASE let me know! 🙂
Everyone loves a classic red lip so here’s how I achieve mine!
- Outline your lips: I’m using Ulta’s Contour Lipliner in the color Beet.
- If using a liquid product, like I am, use a lip brush to fill in the color. Here I’m using Lime Crime’s Velvetine in the color Red Velvet (absolute FAVE!)
- Even if you’re using a darker red lipstick, this liner is still a great pairing with it! To show you combo #2, I used the color B.S.N’s lipstick in the color Stacey Red.
** Disclaimer: Please be aware that Lime Crime’s Velvetines are very matte, so they are pretty drying on the lips. Be sure to apply a light coat of chapstick before applying the lipstick. Also, I like to overline my lips slightly for a fuller appearance, if you do not like that step, do the obvious & skip it 🙂 **
Top 4 products I’m currently loving!
1. L’oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder Foundation: I love this foundation; Best part about it is that it truly lives up to its name! It’s a liquid foundation, but once you apply it to your face, it instantly changes! It sets pretty quickly, so make sure to blend as soon as you apply it! It’s currently a little too dark for me now, but I know when summer rolls around again, I’ll be back to loving this product! Buy it here.
2. NYC Liquid Eyeliner: HOLY GRAIL PRODUCT FOR SURE. This is the eyeliner I used when I finally mastered the cat eye! It’s absolutely amazing! What’s the best part about this product? It’s super affordable! Buy it here.
3. Equate Makeup Remover Wipes: These wipes smell amazing! They get the job done with 1 wipe, (though I’m paranoid so I normally use 2!) The purple package is the nighttime soothing wipes, with a calming scent to help you relax before bed. It doesn’t leave my face leaving greasy, which is normally my problem with makeup removers, so that’s definitely a +! Buy it here.
4. Sonia Kashuk Concealer Quad: I’ve been looking for a concealer for awhile that I love and this is DEFINITELY it! It’s super creamy, and blends well. I know most people don’t like the translucent powder that comes with it, but I personally love it! I feel the translucent powder definitely needs to be paired with the concealer to set it and leave it looking flawless! The color blends perfectly into my skin! I’m obsessed! Buy it here.
Some of the links may not lead to the EXACT product, BUT, you can still get it in those stores!